Saturday, March 14, 2009

Saturday, March 14th

Today is our last full day here where we just hang out... We will leave to go see Alina for our morning visit, have some lunch with the Dickinson Family and then head to the market place for any last souveniers we may want. Irina arrives tomorrow afternoon and we will take the kids for some photos for necessary paperwork (visa, maybe?) then we have court at noon on Monday. Then Todd and I start the journey home!! It will be hard to leave Alina, but the time until she is home will not be long... plus she is so well loved and cared for in the orphanage that I know she will be just fine until we can take her home.

Yesterday Todd and I walked through the market. We'll take some pictures today. The middle part is a big open market. Todd and I walked through there yesterday and saw row after row of fresh produce... lots of fresh fruits and veggies. Then there were big rows of meat... chicken that I am sure was alive yesterday morning! However we had to stop and quickly leave the area when I spotted something that was skinned... except for the paws... which were still nice and furry. It was awful!!

Alina is a very active girl... she is on the go at all times. Todd is starting to get a little nervous about his time here alone here... especially that long plane ride back home. We are hoping for a plane full of very understanding, child loving passengers!! HA!!!

More later...

2 comments:

Brigitte said...

Hi Anne!! Sounds like you are doing good over there!! We are getting closer and closer to traveling!! How exciting!! You had asked on my blog how to post that video. If you click on the video it will take you to u-tube and then click on share and on the right side you will see the URL. I use Live Writer to post to my blog so I don't know about posting on blogger, but if you use live writer, you can click on insert then video and paste the link there. Sorry I can't help you on blogger, as I haven't figured out from there yet! God Bless and can't wait to see more pics!!!

Meredith said...

Your pic's are for the passport, and the paperwork is either for court of POA's or something like that. Visa paperwork will all be done at the US Embassy after you have custody- it's the last step before bringing her home!!

I hope court goes smoothly for everyone!