Saturday, March 21, 2009

Happy World Down Syndrome Day!

I received this in an email today and thought it is a great message! Wanted to pass along and say Happy World Down Syndrome Day to everyone! Thanks for helping to make this world a better place for Meg, Alina, and all the others who have a little extra something special.

"Today is World Down Syndrome Day - a day to consider the lives of people who have Down syndrome, wherever they live. Around the world, 225,000 babies will be born with Down syndrome this year. 206,000 of these babies will be born in developing countries. Almost all of the 200,000 children who will be born with Down syndrome in high income countries during the next decade will survive to adulthood. They will receive knowledgeable medical care, additional educational support and live in societies that have become, and continue to become, more welcoming and inclusive. These children can now look forward to richer and more fulfilling lives lasting in excess of 60 years."

2 comments:

orphans4me said...

I am glad you are home safely. I know what it's like to have someone missing. Sorry I couldn't comment while we were in Mexico for a week.
Joy,RR

Our Story: Continued said...

I can't find your email address....but wanted to make sure Todd has DJ's phone number there (it's the same as when we were there last time). DJ has ya'lls number from your first trip. DJ is VERY EXCITED to have some company!! powellfamilysa (at) yahoo