Saturday, March 28, 2009

A great day.

Alina and I woke up about the same time this morning. She rolled over and looked at me, smilled, put her arm around me, and snuggled really close. I have no doubt that she knows I am her father and she is my daughter. We layed in bed and played for a bit. Lots of giggling, honking of noses, peek-a-boo. It was great.

A good, solid night's sleep helped me wake up feeling much better.

After not eating much yesterday I was worried about getting Alina's appetite back. I made oatmeal for both of us - plain for her and raisin for me. Well, once I let her have a bite of mine she shoved her bowl to me and pointed to mine. So, I at plain oatmeal and she got the raisin oatmeal. Sign of things to come... She ate it all, so things were looking up.

Went to the market that is in our building complex. Actually, it's like a Super Walmart without feeling so big. You can buy everything. We did some quick shopping with DJ and Reece. Back to the apartment for lunch. Alina had Mac-And-Cheese for the first time. After a bite to figure out if she liked it she dug right in. Finished the whole batch. I also figured out that she does not drink water. It's juice or nothing. So, she'll drink juice.

Early in the afternoon the Dickinson's came to the market. We stopped down to see them and did a little browsing in the non-food parts of the store. Anything name brand (Addidas, Nike, etc.) is just as expensive as it is in America or more so. Ukrainian brands are cheap. Name brands are not.

Alina had her first Nutrigrain bar for her afternoon snack. She loved it. She'll fit right in with our kids.

It was a nice day, so we played outside at a little playground before dinner. Dinner went well at the cafeteria restaurant. Alina has her full appetite back, eating mashed potatoes, rice, and chicken "meatballs."

Back to the apartment to put jammies on. She looks rather cute in footed jammies. Nice job packing, Mom. Irina plays with Alina a lot and is helping me with language issues. She's very complimentary of Alina.

It was a great day. That pretty much sums it up. I'll try to post pics soon.

Todd

No comments: