Thursday, April 2, 2009

PASSPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, after hitting a bit of a low with the news that the passport wasn't in at 4:00pm and "definitely wouldn't be in today" (the passport agency's words), Irina got a call at 4:25 that it had just arrived. I went from pretty low to very high in about five seconds. We hopped a bus and picked it up, then stopped to get train tickets. We're off to Kiev at 11:00pm, arriving at 7:30am. Anatoly picks us up at the train station, then it's off to the Embassy, then the medical clinic for Alina's exam, then back to the Embassy in the afternoon. Our travel fate now rests in the hands of the United States Government!

I must take a moment to thank Nate and Tiffany at Congresman Schock's office. They have gone way out of their way to make contacts with the Embassy on our behalf. Anne and I are very thankful of their efforts and the interest the Congresman has taken in our journey.

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Isn't it amazing how fast things can change over there?!? (Both good and bad!) Yea for a passport and hopefully getting home this weekend!

P.S. I've found the Embassy to be very accommodating when they know you're trying to get out quickly!

Amanda Jones said...

Yay!!!! Wonderful!!!!

Amanda-Adopting Ean and Mila

Our Story: Continued said...

Oh!!!! That is so exciting!!! Congratulations!! We hope that you can get the visa tomorrow and get home this weekend!! PRAISE GOD!!!!!!!!!1

jeana said...

CONGRATULATIONS - Best News so glad I checked before going to bed

orphans4me said...

What a wonderful change! I do hope you can get all your embassy stuff done tomorrow. It CAN be done. But no matter what, you are almost there. (Though I know at this point in the process, I just wanted to get home 'now'
Joy,RR

ArtworkByRuth said...

The Embassy told us to get them the US documents (on their website) done with the photo first thing in the morning and the VISA would be ready in the afternoon. They need four hours to process the visa with the photo and the information on the I-600 and DS-230. Good luck!