







The Odessa Opera House, recognized as second only in beauty to Vienna.
Statue of Russian queen Katarina who helped to re-establish Odessa. The modern version of the city started with her.
The next three pictures are of an indoor mall. Irina and I were walking down the street and she said "let's take a shortcut and I'll show you something beautiful." We walked threw a little gateway and it opened up into this amazing scene. Not very big (20 shops or so), but beautiful. If you didn't know where to look you would never find it.
Alina and I on the famous Potemkin Steps. From the top you can't see the steps, only the landings. From the bottom only the steps.
DJ and Reece, the Dickinsons, and Alina and I overlooking the Black Sea.
Alina before the monument to the Unknown Sailor. Very similar to our tomb of the unknown soldier. There is an eternal flame at the base of the monument.











1 comment:
What a beautiful city! I love the architecture. We've only been in Kiev--which I like--but it is so cool to see other places, too. Thanks for including pictures of other couples, too. It will be great when you get back home to the rest of your family. Joy
Post a Comment