Friday, July 18, 2008

Our home study progress and paperwork, paperwork, paperwork

Well we have finished the application for the home study. I think combined Todd and I wrote about 30 pages of thoughts regarding our family, parenting and opinions on a variety of subjects. It was all very thought provoking and gave us some really good things to talk about. I am going to make an effort to get the toilet paper roll on correctly so I don't continue to annoy him with this pet peeve!!

I was under the impression that the homestudy was a big part of the process, but have come to realize that it is a small part of a big process... and the paperwork is endless. But we'll get there and it is all worth it to have Ellen home in the end.

We have been very fortunate to have good friends who are going through this process as well. They live close, our kids are the best of friends and now we are sharing this journey as well. We also have friends that have just gone through the adoption process and were over for dinner the other night and gave us some much encouragemetn and insight. God has really taken care of giving us the support we need all the way around.

The kids continue to make a long list of things we are going to do when Ellen gets here... she will be a busy girl. I find myself wondering about her all the time. Things like, "What is she doing right now?" or if I am making dinner I'll think "has she ever had tacos, or chicken or (insert whatever I am making)."

so today begins Medical exams, and more forms to complete. I am hoping to sneak in a showing of Space Chimps with the boys. I am not sure who is more excited about the movie... Caleb, Noah or me!!!

No comments: