Well it has been a really busy week with the 4th of July, Meg's 2nd birthday and out of town guests visting for the week! I would say things will return to normal soon, but really... I don't think things are ever really "normal" in our house!
The home study began last Wednesday. It was fantastic. Our social worker, Kathy, could not have been nicer. We have 5 appointments, including that first one. Todd and I have one more together at the office, then we each meet with her separately, then she visits the house to do an "inspection" of sorts and to talk to the kids. We also have lots of paperwork to fill out. The one form is a bunch of questions like "describe your parenting philosophy" and "describe your marriage"... things you just can't sit down and fill out. One of the questions is "what do you dislike the most about your spouse"... I asked Todd what his answer is going to be and he said "she puts the toilet paper on backwards sometimes"... I told him I cann't believe he would be so harsh. :)
All 5 of our appointments will be completed by Aug 1st. Then we have the 12 hours of parenting class that concludes Aug 20th. Then Kathy will submit our home study to the state so we can be licensed as adoptive parents (this is required in Illinois). So things are underway.
The response from family and friends has been incredible. People asking how they can help, what we need, what they can do. We have been so blessed with the support we have in place.
The kids talk about Ellen all the time. Caleb told us yesterday that he is going to let Ellen sleep in his bed with him so that she is not scared in her new house!
We are off to the pool to enjoy the last day Jannie and Papa are here visiting. It is beautiful outside... so it should be fun!
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment