Todd met with our home study case worker yesterday for his individual meeting. He said the 2 hours flew by... I can only imagine all the things that they talked about! My individual meeting is tomorrow...and we'll be one step closer to finishing this step.
Our good friends Steve and Jenny are also going through the adoption process. They are using our same home study case worker and we just found out they will be in the same 12 hours of class that we have to take in the next few weeks. So that is exciting! It is amazing that we have not only been called to do this, but also have been given such good friends to travel this road with us. It is so wonderful to have people to talk to that have the same feelings, excitements, fears, and questions that you do... it gives us a real sense of peace as well as confidence in this decision.
We tried to file our government form yesterday and I realized that all these years what I thought was my birth certificate, really wasn't. It was good enough for some things but it is not the official certificate, it is a registration form stating that their is a certificate on file in the county where I was born!! UUGGGHH!! So I had to order original copies of my certificate and now have to wait for them to arrive before we can file our papers. Hopefully it will be here next week (I did a priority order). Glad I carefully guarded a document all these years that really wasn't all that important!!! :)
The kids are so excited. Noah went to the dentist yesterday and when he was done he got a new toothbrush. Then he picked out one for Caleb and one for Meg. They thought he was finished and he said "no I have another sister... I need one for Ellen" So now Ellen has a toothbrush all ready and waiting for her in the kids bathroom.
I also saw a post on a message board yesterday that completely touched my heart... it said "The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you". We know there are some who do not think this journey is where we should go, but we are trusting so much in this belief, that it is God's will leading us on this journey, and because we are following His call He will protect us through the process and beyond.
Thursday, July 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











No comments:
Post a Comment