I have 6 weeks and 3 days until we leave... in some respects that seems like no time at all and in other respects it seems like a lifetime to wait!!!
6 weeks and 3 days ago it was the Friday after Thanksgiving and I was out at Wal-Mart at 4 am watching grown men hit whatever got in their way as they raced for tv's on sale!!! Yes... that was the spirit!!!
So when I think about all the things that I have done in the last 6 weeks and 3 days it seems like FOREVER ago... and I don't have the holiday festivities between now and Feb 27th... all I have is the long cold winter here in Central Illinois!!
*sigh*
So we will continue to get the house ready, finish the bathroom remodeling, clean some closets. We ordered bedroom furniture for the girls, so that should be coming in the next few weeks.
Todd and I are also spending a lot of time with the kids. We saw the Harlem Globetrotters this weekend and are really enjoying some family time right now. We are hoping Meg will be fully adjusted in her big girl bed before we bring her sister home and throw all routine out of the window for a bit!
We are also starting to get things ready for when we travel. We are SOOO very lucky that we have friends who are able and willing to help with the kids. Our main child care coverage is coming from one of my former students who is staying with the kids during the week (I think she'll need a break on the weekends, but we haven't talked about that yet... I only say I think she'll need that because I would!!!). She does all sorts of volunteering with special needs kids and I know the kids will be in wonderful, loving, very competent hands while we are away, and that makes leaving so much easier. Stacey is an answer to our prayers!!! The kids will have a great time with her!!! So that is one less worry...
Our friend Lou who is adopting from the same orpahage in Ukraine leaves this week to bring her little girl home. Please keep her and her family in your prayers. I am anxious to hear about the journey, since we will essentially follow in her footsteps in a few weeks!!!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
YAY!!! Trust me, the 6 weeks will fly and you won't finish half of what you want to get done before you go! I am flying to Salt Lake City on Thursday, going shopping with my married daughter to buy Mattea's "yellow daisy" coming home outfit, spend the day with my Mom and my daughter's family, then fly out of SLC early Friday morning for Kyiv! I will do my best to send some love to Alina for you. But like Victoria told me, you WILL be there very soon to give her kisses yourself!
Hello,
We too are adopting from the same orphanage. Just like I have been following Lou's jounrney for Mattea I will be looking to you for guidance also. We will be right behind you to rescue our little boy. It will be a trip one in the same I'm sure. I am so happy we are able to rescue these kiddos close to the same time. I am so happy for you. I hope you'll keep up on your blog while your away. I'll want to know details. :)It will be here before you know it.
I am more than ready to bring Timur home were he belongs.
Congratulations!
Blessings,
Meghan
www.thenewdickinsonfamily.com
We adopted from the area you are traveling to last fall. I would be interested in chatting sometime to see if you are going to our daughter's baby house! e-mail me sometime. cnoecker@yahoo.com
Post a Comment