Todd and I fly out on Friday, Feb 27th and arrive in Ukraine on Saturday Feb 28th. We appear in court on Monday, March 2nd and then have to travel to the region where Alina is after that (I believe it is about a 6 hour train ride). Then once they approve us and the director signs off, we have to have another court date, deal with power of attorney and come home. We are scheduled to return on Saturday, March 14th... and that is if everything goes perfectly. It could be later that week.
So now I am beginning to freak out. The idea of leaving my kids for 16 days is a lot to think about! Plus then I will have to go back for another 10 days to get her at the end of March! I am really going to miss them!! Fortuantely we have great friends who are going to watch the kids while we are gone so I know they will be fine.
Still... I am sad to think about leaving them. Plus I am starting to have the "what the hell are we thinking?!?!?!" moments!!! But I had those same moments before I had each of my kids, so I am not surprised I am having them again now!!!
So we need prayers for safe travels, quick turn around with court documents and that the kids here will be just fine while we are gone.
Feb 27th.... that is 7 weeks from Friday!!! Yikes I have a lot of cooking and cleaning to do!!!
Wednesday, January 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
I hear ya!
Hello,
Our blog has gone private but I do not have your email to add you to have permission, currently you are "Following"! I want to add you, please email me at shad_kayser@yahoo.com to be added!
Yay! Sounds like we will both be welcoming our little girls home around the same time!
Post a Comment