Nikoli the Only Bear... it is a book we bought off of Amazon that arrived yesterday. It is a childrens story that tells of a little bear who lives in an orphanage. The problem is, he is the ONLY bear...everyone else are humans. No one talks or understands him when he speaks bear. He watches all sorts of people come and take other kids home, but no one wants a bear. Until one day someone with a furry face (beard) comes and talks to him, then he comes back with his wife who doesn't get scared when Nikoli puts his paw up ... and Nikoli feel's soft bearish...he finally has a family.
I think Todd and I were in tears as we read the book to the kids at dinner last night. What it must be like to live in a place where you feel like no one understands you and you watch others "get picked" but you never do just because you are a little different. It breaks my heart.
The girls furniture arrived today. Todd will have a great time getting that all put together in the next few weeks!
I am working from home today. The house is very quiet... quite the change from what it is normally like! I am enjoying the silence!!!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











3 comments:
Thanks for posting about this book. I just ordered it!:)
Amy
RR
Wow, never heard of it, thanks for sharing!
This book sounds so sweet! I'd never heard of it.
I am excited that you turn in Ukraine is coming up. There is a good chance I'll be in Kiev at the same time. I am always hoping to meet people.
Joy
Post a Comment