Tuesday, January 27, 2009

So much time vs so much to do!!!

I am hoping that 5 weeks from right now we will be meeting our daughter! That would be the day after our SDA appointment... so if not 5 weeks from today, then 5 weeks from tomorrow!!! I keep trying to picture what it will be like, what her reaction will be, if she will be freaked out by her parents who will certainly be crying happy tears after waiting so long to meet her!

I am doing all I can to read the blogs of others who have travelled or are travelling now, to get a better sense of what is to come. Todd is doing the same and it is funny when starts with something he has read and I can finish the story because we are reading the same things at different times.

The schedule for home is really coming together. We are so blessed to have so many wonderful friends who are able and willing to watch the kids while we travel. They are spending a weekend with Meg's physical therapist and another weekend with her speech therapist... so we are expecting Meg to be able to perform gymnastic stunts while reciting Obama's Innagural Speech by the time we get home!!! Stacey, our good friend (former student of Anne's at BU) will stay with them during the week... and she is a fantastic, loving, very patient young woman who after graduating is pursuing a grad degree in special ed, and volunteers with special olympics!!! So given the people caring for our kids in our absence... they really could not be in any better hands! That makes going that much easier!!

We got some of the furniture put together in the girls room this past weekend. It looks great! However as I was trying to get Meg to sleep last night, laying in bed with her reading books, I had a moment of panic... how in the world will we ever get 2 little girls to fall asleep in that room!?!?!? It will be all night parties I think!!!

4 comments:

Tracie said...

I've been wondering about that myself! How to get multiple little ones to sleep at one time!

Sarah said...

Great post! Does 5 weeks seem like "forever away" or "just around the corner"...or a little of both?

junglemama said...

How exciting! WE loved our time in Ukraine.

Amy said...

Wow you are So close!! I can't wait till we have a travel date! Thanks for grabbing our button, I have grabbed Ellen's and put it on our blog as well! Looking forward to following your wonderful journey!