Thursday, February 12, 2009

Panic is setting in!!!

Okay... maybe only mild panic, but panic all the same...

Yesterday I think it really hit Todd and I that we are very close to heading out on the travelling part of this journey. Two weeks from tomorrow. We have this weekend and next to get everything done. That would be everything we haven't gotten done in the house in the last 2 years we have lived there... all those things are now high priority!!! :)

It is the little things that are starting to stress me out... instructions on how to work the little things throughout the house (the satelitte, how to switch from the DVD to the Wii to the tv... those little things), where everything is, important contact numbers, letters for caregivers if the kids get sick and need to be treated, all those types of things... just a lot to think about with 2 weeks left.

oh and then there is the fact that we are brining home a small child who doesn't speak English and we don't speak Ukrainian to factor in as well... and given the rate at which we have gotten (or not gotten) some house projects done, I doubt we'll become very fluent in Ukrainian the next two weeks.

Todd and I are taking a class at church about igniting your faith and sharing it with others. It has been a fantastic class and really given us quite a bit to think about. Last night was particularly powerful as we talked about challenges Christians face when sharing their faith. This whole adoption journey has been a total leap of faith for us... not only spiritually, but emotionally, financially, mentally... and I think boarding that plane in 2 weeks will be the biggest step of all in this particular faith journey. Yet I have no doubt that God will provide as he has done all along. The people he has put into our life that love and support us, the doors he has opened, the ways he shows us daily that he is with us, protecting us, guiding us... it has all been very humbling. I just want people to know that this journey is about glorifying God, obeying the call that he has put on our hearts to fulfill what he says in James 1:27 "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world."

I know that we still have much to do on this particular journey. I know there will be challenges, heartache and fear. I also know that God, who called us on this journey, will be with us each step of the way until we are reuinted as a family and, someday, reunited with him.

2 comments:

ArtworkByRuth said...

Congratulations on making it this far! The nerves will settle when the plane lands, and again after the SDA appointment, and then again when you see her, and then again after court...GOD BLESS YOUR JOURNEY!

orphans4me said...

So are you traveling tomorrow-26th? I pray that everything goes well for you.
Joy