Brief review...Todd and I filed our I-600A in late July/early August. At that time we received a letter stating that our home study had not been submitted nor had our DCFS letter of recommendation. We knew that both of these had not been submitted. We were fingerprinted in Naperville on Thursday, August 21st.
On September 25th I received an email from Cathy who is our case worker for our home study. She stated our Home Study had been approved by the state and was being sent to Immigration that day. Both the Home Study and letter for support from DCFS were mailed that day.
Since that date we have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of our 171-H form (the outcome of filing our I-600A) so that we may process our paperwork to adopt. When a month passed and we didn’t hear anything we had our local congressmans office inquire about the status of our paperwork. Late last week I received a fax from Immigration that states they have our I-600A, but have not received the necessary Home Study and DCFS endorsement letter so there is nothing for them to process. They cannot move forward until this necessary paperwork is provided.
So the bottom line is that all the documentation that was mailed on Sept 25 was never recieved. Last Friday we resubmitted the info, our Congressman called Immigration on our behalf and we are waiting to hear our status.
We are really frustrated and upset about all of this... but grateful that our friend in the Congressmans office pushed us to let them check into it for us (thanks Nate!) Who knows how long we would still be waiting...
So if you have any prayers for a speedy turn around, we could certainly use them. We are still hopeful that our dossier will be submitted by 11/29, but each day that passes lessens that hope.
Things on the homefront are fine. Noah had an ear infection last week and Caleb has some sort of coughing cold thing that is keeping him (and most of us) up at night. Hopefully it won't spread to the rest of the family and he'll feel better soon.
Had a quiet weekend at home. I would say we were enjoying football but I can't say that... stupid Iowa! I hate those Hawkeye's!!!!
Monday, November 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
so sorry! I know the delays are so hard. Praying for you.
Post a Comment